A passion of The Doodle Project is bringing sanity back to social media. That's why we support and offer a variety of services to The Fediverse.
The purpose of this system is to provide single user (or a few!) instance domain hosting for individuals and companies using shared infrastructure for a low monthly price. We also have open registration enabled for anyone who would like to register with the base 'ourselves.space' domain and does not come with a cost.
ourselves.space is well integrated with the fediverse and you will find a great community of likeminded individuals in the local feed with strict moderation enforced.
Come, be yourself on ourselves.space! After signing up, if you need help setting up your client or learning how to get started, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be delighted to help you get started and answer questions you may have.
The Ourselves.Space Ecosystem:
- https://ourselves.space (Twitter/Mastodon Compatible/Takahe)
- https://pics.ourselves.space (Instagram/Pixelfed)
- https://write.ourselves.space (Generic Blogs/WriteFreely)
- https://books.ourselves.space (Book Reviews/Bookwrym)
- https://videos.ourselves.space (Youtube/Peertube)
- Lemmy or Kbin
It is our great pleasure to offer independent verification of journalists, news orgs, and news contributors via https://verifiedjournalist.org. This free service brings together authentic, verified accounts from around the Fediverse for you to browse, search, and follow on your own server.
By verifying on verifiedjournalist.org, your Fediverse profile will then receive a validation checkmark anchored by the largest, most trusted journalist verification platform on the Fediverse. In addition, verification gets you access to a fantastic wealth of stats on your own customized dashboard showcasing your engagement around the globe with other users.
No matter what Fediverse compatible server you're using (support for ActivityPub), you can get verified today!
Fediverse Single User Instance
We are pleased to offer Fediverse Single User Instance domain services (FSUI). This allows you to bring your own domain for yourself or your corporate brand to the fediverse without having to run your own server.
What makes FSUI special is that you bring your own identity to an existing, well federated community with active moderation and strict usage guidelines. The software under the covers is the most excellent Takahe.
How it works
After you purchase this service, we will contact you to establish a service domain that allows you to host @(you)@(yourdomain).
We then provide you instructions (and optional basic assistance) to configure your domain using either static files to point to your service domain or a nginx rule for rewriting/proxying. This is where the magic happens as part of the Webfinger protocol. Your domain will be queried when people search for you and it will automatically redirect the query to your service domain on our system.
Finally, you sign up on our community ecosystem ourselves.space and then register with your service domain. We see to it that only you can leverage the domain you've registered.
We take care of the servers, moderation, hashtag maintenance, emoji imports, backups, traffic shaping, security, and more on your behalf as part of our global community.
Migrating from Another Instance
If you've already joined another instance, like mastodon.social, you can migrate to ourselves.space and your new hosted domain. This is supported through import/exports of your followers list and/or ActivityPub based server migration.
The price is $5/mo/domain for the first user and then $1/mo for each additional user on your domain (plus CC fees and taxes). Sign up today!
Fediverse for News
We are pleased to offer Fediverse for News domain services. This allows you to bring your official news org domain to the Fediverse without having to run your own server.
What makes this program special is that you bring your existing authentic domain to an existing, well federated community with active moderation and strict usage guidelines. The software under the covers is the most excellent Takahe.
If you've already joined another instance, like newsie.social, you can migrate to ourselves.space and your new hosted domain. This is supported through import/exports of your followers list and/or ActivityPub based server migration.
The Doodle Project, LLC runs one of the largest stable ActivityPub relays in the fediverse!
First and foremost, The Doodle Project, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason whatsoever, including no reason at all. That said, here are the guidelines we are using to manage the Open Activity Pub relay we offer.
- Talk to us - you can start a DM with (at)derek(at)thedoodleproject.com if you have questions.
- Any instance that causes an influx of user generated content that appears to be in the form of hate speech, harassment, bullying, porn, Naziism, white power, illegal things (according to the laws of The United States), doxing, fake accounts of companies or famous people, and fascism, will be removed if/when it is discovered.
- We make every effort to screen the relay instances, but it IS an open relay - that is its intent and purpose - to connect people. When we look at instances, we're looking for:
- Server rules that match our values and expectations (see point 2 above).
- A clear indicator of who the admin is, and we might reach out to say hello and see if they'd like to help support the relay (not required) via a tip.
In order to join the relay, please click here.
Please consider helping fund the relay. A monthly payment of $1 (plus taxes) via credit card can be done here. We also have a $5/mo option for super awesome supporter status here. You can also Venmo us (at)thedoodleproject. All proceeds fund exactly this project. This is NOT required, and we won't nag you; just support us if you can!
We cannot monitor everything - in fact, we don't even try. If you use our relay are getting lots of content in your federated timeline that you find objectionable, first, stop and consider:
- Is it EVERY account from that instance? If it's just a few users, just block/mute/report them.
- If it IS every account that you see, and it fits in with the point #2 above grossness:
- DM (at)derek(at)thedoodleproject.com with the domain name.
- We will look for server rules and admin indicator on the instance in question
- We'll discuss if there are other options
- The Doodle Project will make a determination, at its sole discretion, whether to block the instance.
Exiting the Ecosystem
The Doodle Project fediverse ecosystem is provided to the best of our ability. At any time, should our business fail, we will provide three (3) months' notice for all services, including supporting users in exporting their lists and data.